Taj Mahal is perhaps the most beautiful epitome of love in the world, and its majestic beauty never fails to amaze one and all. However, one cannot deny the fact that there’s much more to see and experience in Agra beyond the Taj Mahal. Agra has been the seat of some of the greatest Mughal rulers for ages, and they have left behind the great amount of architectural wonders for the tourists to treasure. Taking you through the twisting bylanes of Agra to the amazing monuments, we will give you many reasons to plan a trip to Agra in 2017.
- A visit to the forts, palaces and monuments: Among many things to do in Agra, another important one is to visit all the copious structural monuments. Some of the places that you must visit in Agra are Agra Fort, Fatehpur Sikri, Itmad-ud-Daulah, Sikandra, Buland Darwaza and Jama Masjid. All these monuments have historical significance, and they are the proof of the architectural brilliance of Mughals.
- Visit Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary: This is one of the best bird watching sites of Asia and thus attracts tourists in large numbers. Every year, a number of migratory birds come to the park for winter breeding, and you can see nearly 230 species of birds here. The bird sanctuary is located at a distance of 50 kilometers from Agra, but is definitely worth a visit.
- Shopping at Kinari Bazaar: This is a popular marketplace in Agra and is a must visit for all the shopaholics. It is a wholesale retail market where you can buy traditional wedding dresses, costumes, items, props and all the emroidery items. Avoid visiting the bazaar in the monsoons, and you will have a great time shopping here.
- Stay at Sanjay Place: Choose to stay in a hotel at Sanjay Place in Agra and you will get to see the most amazing crowd in the city. It is one of the top-notch market areas and financial hubs in the city, where you can shop from all the premier brands and enjoy eating out at amazing restaurants.
- Tasting the finest Mughlai Cuisine: Apart from roaming in the city, another enjoyable thing to do in Agra is to feast on the Mughlai cuisine. Since Agra was the residence of Mughals for a considerable time, the cuisine here has an edge over all other cities. Some of the must-have delicacies during a trip to Agra are Tandoori Chicken, Boti Kebab and Seekh Kebab.
Planning a trip to Agra? Tag along your friends and family, make reservation at one of the premier hotels in Agra and get ready to explore the city like never before.